The Following information is provided to assist you with understanding all of the rules and regulations placed on flight operations by the FAA, TSA, Company policies and sound practices in order to make your flight experience as safe and entertaining as possible.
Please read before booking and call if you have any questions.
Locations and pricing:
- All flights begin and end at the Watsonville or Monterey airport independently. If you are scheduled to depart from the Watsonville airport you will return to the Watsonville airport.
- Prices may be stated as per passenger or per flight. We require a 2 passenger minimum on each flight. Single passengers can be placed with other groups.
- We offer the Sky Safari for those that would like to add an expert tour guide and marine naturalist into the additional seat. This is a great way to add value to the tour.
Passenger and weight restrictions:
- Due to the nature of aircraft, weight can be a limiting factor. Please advise your booking agent of any passenger that is more than 200 lbs.
- The maximum per-passenger seat rating is 300 lbs. We are not able to carry any passenger over 300 lbs. due to FAA regulations.
- We offer two helicopter models, the R44 and Bell 206 JetRanger. The R44 is a 4 seat aircraft that holds 3 passengers. The Bell JetRanger is a 5 seat helicopter and holds 4 passengers.
- JetRanger- Maximum combined passenger weight (4 people) is 700 pounds. For each guest weighing 250 pounds or more, an adjacent, empty seat purchase may be required to safely balance the aircraft.
- R44 Helicopter - Max combined passenger weight (3 people) is 600 pounds in most cases.
- TOUR AIRPLANE - Max seat weight configuration varies based on passenger loading. Passengers over 280 pounds may be required to purchase an extra seat (but usually not, your booking agent will advise on this issue when you contact us)
- Children over 24 months old must ride in their own seat, infants under 24 months old can ride on an adults lap. The limit is 2 infants per flight.
- Children under the age of 4 are usually not comfortable in a helicopter, consider them when planning to get into an aircraft that will be visually and audibly intense. We do have headsets for all passengers but they are designed for larger heads than that of most young children.
Weather and flight time:
- Please feel free to re-confirm your reservation within 72 hours of your flight, we will advise you on the expected weather and other pertinent information to the flight.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your expected departure time.
- You will be discreetly weighed and billed in full at the time of arrival.
- Fog, rain, stormy conditions and other weather conditions can create a less than spectacular experience. If the pilot decides to cancel the flight due to weather you have the option to reschedule the flight.
- Flight times and routes may vary depending on flight safety, weather and ATC control
- Our minimum weather conditions are as follows: HELICOPTER TOURS-Cloud bottoms at 1000' and visibility at least 5 miles. AIRPLANE TOURS-cloud bottoms at 1,500 and visibility 5 miles.
- Weather reports can be misleading as we fly over a large area and reports can not cover every location along the route. The pilots decide if the weather conditions are more than our minimums throughout the entire flight.
Security Deposit and payment:
- If you provided a credit card number to hold the reservation, you will need to also provide a credit card at the time of your flight. We only use the credit card you gave over the phone for holding your booking. This is for credit card security reasons.
Passenger search and carry-on items, identification:
- All passengers are subject to FAA regulations pertaining to searching of persons and carry-on baggage for illegal items such as guns, explosive materials, drugs or anything else deemed dangerous or illigal by the pilot.
- Carry-on items are limited by size. Anything that can lay on your lap is fine as long as it is not heavy or can cause problems to other passengers.
- The FAA requires that all passengers bring a government-issued photo ID in order to board the aircraft.
- Remember that all aviation is controlled by the federal government and all federal laws will apply. We are bound by those laws, do not assume that because something is not illegal in this state or county that the same applies to the federal jurisdiction of the airport.
- AIRCRAFT can create an uncomfortable experience for some people, like that of a boat, airplane, or other type of vehicle. Please remember this when purchasing your flight, once the flight begins it can be upsetting to the other passengers if the flight needs to be shortened due to motion sickness or discomfort. That said, we have only had to turn around once in all of the years we have been touring this area. We do not offer a refund in the event a passenger in your group gets sick and we need to return to land. We do offer members of another tour group on the same flight the opportunity to return and continue the tour. For your convenience, we provide "sick sacks" on every flight just in case a passenger's stomach gets upset.
- A deposit is required to confirm a flight. This is usually in the form of a credit card.
- We require 24 hours notice in order to change or cancel your reservation. Tours canceled with less than 24 hour notice affect other guests booked on the flight and does not allow enough time to resell the canceled seats. Reservations canceled within 24 hours will be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. No-shows (5 minutes past booked departure time) will be assessed a 100% cancellation fee for the price. If you need to change or cancel your reservation please provide us with 72 hours notice prior to your tour time and we will be happy to accommodate you.
- Rescheduling your reservation within 24 hours requires a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Weather, ATC, FAA or other unexpected delays or cancellations are not subject to cancellation fees. If you arrive willing and able and we just can't fly, there will be no charges.
DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS (I.E. Groupon, livingsocial, in house discount coupons etc.)
- Discounted flights have a 4-day (96 hour) cancellation policy. Cancellation or change of any discounted rate flight requires a $50 per passenger fee charged to the credit card used to reserve the reservation. If you reserved your flight within 96 hours and need to cancel, you will still be assed the cancellation fee.
- Discounted flights are subject to cancelation or change at anytime, refunds or substatutions may be available.
- Discounted flights may be reschduled due to low customer volume with 48 hour notice. Aircraft are extreamly costly to operate and at reduced rates we need to operate on a volume basis. In this unlikley event, you have the option to re-scehdual your flight and maintain the discount even if it is going to move your flight date after the experiation date of the coupon.
- Our booking agents are trained to answer almost all of your questions, please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. It is our job to make this one of your life's most memorable experiences and we strive to accomplish this and provide complete satisfaction.